As you all know, SOFsono and Journal of Special Operations Medicine (a.k.a. JSOM) have recently partnered to start a series of SOF-focused ultrasound education tidbits. And now we thought to partner with you, the SOF Medics!
- You are a SOF Medic from a NATO member state or Down Under;
- You have ever wished you had an ultrasound machine, while taking care of a patient AND/OR;
- You have wondered if that kind of technology would be of use to any particular patient…
We have a great announcement! At #SOMSA16 SOFsono has partnered with the Journal of Special Operations Medicine (a.k.a JSOM) to start a series of SOF-focused and case-based ultrasound education tidbits. JSOM will provide you with a brief introduction to the case. A more detailed discussion with live clips, images, pearls and essential references will follow here at SOFsono.org. We want to show you how ultrasound can help you solve a number of operational and clinical dilemmas, especially in prolonged field care settings. Tidbits are defined as small and particularly interesting pieces of information, hence brevity is intentional!
We intend to follow a set format of:
- Short case presentation coming out in JSOM
- Case discussion on the blog consisting of:
- Clinical considerations
- Operational considerations
- Sonographic mission support
- “Your turn” section
Join us as we strive to help you up your sono-skills.
We’re on the final countdown before the Special Operations Medical Associations Scientific Assembly (#SOMSA16) & the PFC (prolonged field care) pre-conference course! An ULTRASOUND STATiON is obviously included, & there is a mini “flipped classroom” assignment that we would like you to complete prior to the course. Continue Reading